Fall Family Camp Weekend
Camp Tockwogh, Worton MD
Friday Oct 4 - Sunday Oct 6 2019
A Treasured Rainbow Families
About: Our Family Camp Weekend provides LGBTQ+ families with the very unique opportunity to forge personal connections and build community with one another. Together, parents and children spend the entire weekend enjoying the rustic outdoors, beautiful scenery, and fun activities. A wonderful way for our children to be among other families like theirs.
Camp Tockwogh is in Worton Maryland, about a 2 hour drive from the DMV. A 309-acre family-friendly YMCA campground, located on the Chesapeake Bay.
Learn more about Camp Tockwogh HERE.
Scheduled Activities: Arts and Crafts | Giant Swing | Leap of Faith | Climbing Wall | Archery | Canoeing | | Kayaking | Kidzone Activities | Tie-Dying | Climbing Wall | Boat Rides | Family Hike | Campfire with Smores
CLICK HERE FOR THE AGENDA/SCHEDULE
Pricing and Housing Options: NO INCREASE IN RATES FOR 2019
Learn about the available HOUSING OPTIONS HERE. Housing options are limited, and are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Registration fees depend on your housing selection, and range from $115-$160 per person (children and adults ages 3 and up). Registration includes 2 nights accommodations, five meals, an ice cream social, and a wide list of activities.
Rates are per person (2 and under are free):
- Rustic Cabin - Standard Accommodations – $115 (USD) - Each rustic cabin sleeps up to 12 people in bunk-beds. Each cabin has electricity and lights; no heat, no private bathrooms, but they are near the 'shower houses'. Depending on #'s in this category, it is possible these will have more than 1 family per cabin. If you have a family in mind, request to be paired in the same room when you register.
- Stewart Lodge – $150 (USD) - The Stewart Lodge is its own building with a common area, and 2 large rooms. Each room sleeps 8 (with twin beds, not bunks). Each of the 2 rooms has a bathroom. Minimum 4 per room. Smaller families can either pay the minimum, or will likely share the room with another family. If you have a family in mind, request to be paired in the same room when you register by sending an email right away.
- Cottages – $155 (USD) - Each cottage sleeps a total of 9, with 3 bedrooms sleeping 3 people. Each bedroom has a bathroom. Large families may be request 2 or 3 bedrooms depending on family size, smaller families will likely have others sharing the cottage. If you have a family in mind, request to be paired in the same cottage when you register by sending an email right away
- Conference Center/Tockwogh Lodge – $160 (USD) - These accommodations include carpeted bedrooms that sleep 5-6 people each, with bunk-beds. Every bedroom is equipped with a bathroom. There is a large common area, fireplace, and a service room with a refrigerator you can keep things in. Only 6 rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis. Must have a minimum of 4 people per bedroom.
- Tent Accommodations - $90 (USD) Bring your own tent and enjoy the TRUE camping experience!! You can request to be positioned close to a "shower house" (bathroom), or request to be a bit more on your own.
Rainbow Families strives to offer programming accessible to all, regardless of cost. Some families may find the cost of this event challenging. Through the generosity of Rainbow Families members, we may be able to off-set some of your out-of-pocket expense. Please contact us for assistance.
Cancellations/Refunds: Cancellations received after September 20 will not be eligible for refund. This is a rain or shine event.
Helpful reminders: This is camping at a YMCA. It's FUN! Accommodations are basic, most have bunk beds, you bring your linens. Most parents find tremendous value in having their kids (and themselves) unplug for a weekend, and experience an outdoorsy, natural setting, and connect with other families like theirs in this wonderful environment. Also remember, most housing options are shared accomodations...it's part of the camping fun and sense of community. There are limited options for private accommodations however (plus tent camping!).
If you have been before, and would like to submit lodging requests (such as a particular cabin, room number or to be roomed with another family) EMAIL those requests. They will be handled in the order received; every effort will be made to accommodate if possible.
Note: Due to the cost of securing the camp, a minimum level of sign-ups are required for the event to happen. Rainbow Families makes no profit/income from this.
Food: There is a full time kitchen team who make meals for us. We eat in the dining hall, and we all help set up and clean up for each meal. Healthier options (vegetarian items, salads, fruit) are always available and they can usually accommodate most allergies, gluten free etc with advance notice. It's not fancy cuisine, but it's not prepackaged microwave meals either. You are always welcome to bring your own snacks, beverages, or items for finicky eaters, or very special and/or medical diets.
COFFEE STARTS FLOWING AT 7AM !
See You There!!