Rainbow Families supports and connects lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) parents and prospective parents by providing educational programs, advocacy, social events, and discussion forums. Rainbow Families is a volunteer led non-profit organization, supported by members, community sponsors, and private and public grants.
Rainbow Families envisions a nation where all LGBTQ families can legally, openly and safely live in full equality.
Our Guiding Principles:
- We believe love makes a family, and all LGBTQ people should have a legal and accessible path to parenthood.
- We believe all LGBTQ families should feel safe, respected and valued in their community.
- We believe all LGBTQ families should have access to culturally competent, inclusive and welcoming schools, child care, health care and social services.
- We believe a connected and empowered community affirms LGBTQ families and advances their rights.
- We believe Rainbow Families has the responsibility to empower LGBTQ families through community engagement, education and support.
- We believe Rainbow Families represents all LGBTQ families and strives to reflect the diversity of the people and region it serves.