Rainbow Families supports, educates and connects lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) families, parents and prospective parents by offering a wide variety of education programs, support groups, opportunities to connect and more. Rainbow Families is a volunteer led non-profit organization supported by members, community sponsors, private and public grants and foundations.
Rainbow Families envisions, and strives for, a nation where all LGBTQ+ families can legally, openly and safely live in full equality.
Our Guiding Principles
- We believe love makes a family, and all LGBTQ+ people should have a legal and accessible path to parenthood
- We believe all LGBTQ+ families should feel safe, respected and valued in their community
- We believe all LGBTQ+ families should have access to culturally competent, inclusive and welcoming schools, child care, health care and social services
- We believe a connected and empowered community affirms LGBTQ+ families and advances their rights
- We believe Rainbow Families has the responsibility to empower all LGBTQ+ families through community engagement, education and support
- We believe Rainbow Families represents all LGBTQ+ families and strives to reflect the diversity of the people we serve