Ways to Support LGBTQ+ Families
Since the 1980s, Rainbow Families has connected, supported and educated LGBTQ parents, prospective parents and LGBTQ families by providing educational programs, social events, and discussion forums
Your support is what drives our efforts, strengthens our organization, and makes possible the successes we achieve on behalf of our community
As a small (but mighty!) grass-roots non profit, your investment is crucial in ensuring we are here to support, connect, and empower our community
Explore the many ways individuals, businesses and foundations can support LGBTQ+ family inclusion through Rainbow Families
Rainbow Families’ outreach, education and support programs cannot happen without loyal, generous donors like you.
No matter the size, individual donations are the lifeline of a small, community-based hardworking nonprofit such as Rainbow Families. Your donations help us provide expanded support programs, reduce registration fees, increase community connections, and ensure we are here to serve for years to come.
We are proud to have been selected as a member of United Way National Capital Area. Our designed number is 9334. If your employer participates in a matching program, this is an incredible way to double (or more!) your impact
We are also part of the Combined Federal Campaign. For our United States Federal employees, please select Rainbow Families DC as your source of support, with our sincere gratitude.
Consider a Monthly Donation for Even Greater Impact in Supporting LGBTQ+ Families & Prospective Parents
- $15 per month helps us purchase supplies, books, and educational items
- $35 per month will pay membership fees for 12 families with financial need
- Levels at $50 per month or greater, earn a Lifetime Membership in Rainbow Families
- $50 per month provides much-needed financial assistance for people to attend our Conference, Maybe Baby or other programs – who might otherwise not be able to attend
- $75 per month helps cover the cost to facilitate & manage one of our support groups OR can sponsor families for our Summer Camping Weekend
- $100 per month or greater – here, donors receive special recognition at events, on our website, and even social media (if desired)
- Easily set up monthly donation cycles here or email our Executive Director to discuss in more detail. Thank you.
It is only through your financial support that we can provide this vital work in the community.
Annual Family Conference Sponsorship
A valued tradition since 2003
The Rainbow Families Annual Family Conference is the largest gathering LGBTQ+ headed families in the region, drawing hundreds each year. Our Conference provides a full day of workshops, inspiring speakers, awards, giveaways and more. Our carefully structured workshop sessions allow LGBTQ+ families (and those considering family planning) to not only learn more about the topics that matter to them, but also to build on their own community of support. Unlike other massive conferences, attendees and sponsors appreciate our ‘mid-size’ scale which allows for more personalized connections and relationship building
Businesses may become involved at a variety of levels, with benefits at each level. Sponsors can opt to participate in our Resource Fair, as well as submit consideration to present a workshop – both offering opportunities to connect even more personally and directly with attendees.
We honor our Sponsors with significant ROI, introductions to new potential customers, and the ability to be recognized throughout the year
Rainbow Families DC is a trusted, well-known nonprofit providing services to the LGBTQ+ family community.
- We have several opportunities for LGBTQ+ owned/affirming businesses and service providers to showcase their support for equality and inclusion for LGBT families, a demonstrated loyal market segment. Our community truly supports those who support our community. This is done through sponsored content on our email blasts, paid social media content and more. Our combined channels reach up to 10,000 every month, our membership and engagement has grown solidly each year since 2015, and we offer several ways to reach the LGBT family market, a very loyal segment.
- Please email Darren Paul-Vance, Executive Director, or Liz Dean, Board President, to discuss how Rainbow Families can collaborate with your organization.
- We are proud to have been selected to be a member of United Way National Capital Area. Our designed number is 9334
- We are also part of the Combined Federal Campaign. For our United States federal employees, please select Rainbow Families DC as your source of support, with our sincere gratitude.